Thursday, March 25, 2010

Internship Day 17

It’s been a pretty neat day. I did some spine-reinforcement, re-taped the shelving labels for the W-Z shelf area, and then updated the library catalog and spreadsheet again. The library catalog is run on Destiny Quest, which had an update a few months ago, so I am updating my knowledge of the user-interface and where all the links are still.

On the downside, I realized I need to carefully check the books I’m labeling against the larger database. I had to undo some level labels because I learned that the title the book catalog referred to happened to be a different book.

I have found that with ambiguity in titles, I need references handy so I can double-check what I’m doing. At least I did that extra work and looked up said book.

No comments:

Post a Comment