Thursday, March 11, 2010

Internship Day 10 – 13

err… whoops haven’t updated in a while. Mostly, been working on a managerial task — re-arranging the multiples collection. I consolidated the unleveled books to 4 rows of bookshelves with a bookcase worth of “flex-room” because the Massachusetts Children’s Book Awards nominees have to go on the shelves, as well as some storage books from last year’s Pierce Reads.

I also moved up a good portion of the Leveled U-V on the opposite side of the shelf [still have about a bookcase and a half to fill on the balcony]. After I rearrange these, I need to rearrange whatever upper-leveled multiples are left in the lower area.

Then, I will tackle the A-T leveled books… which may well be a bit harder as they are much denser and have a lot more multiple-copies [Beverly Cleary books for instance]. Following that, I will probably work on labeling and spine-reinforcement, as well as book-counts so the spreadsheet is accurate.

I will not be in charge of the final print-out of this and I’m okay with that; the prior owner of the document wants to print it because it’s technically her original work that I’m modifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment