Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Internship Day 14

I finally finished arranging the leveled books balcony shelf today, though I had to do some mid-process organization troubleshooting (I started moving up the next alphabet level, but realized I had run out of the flex-room space for more books in the lower-end of the moved levels because of it, so I had to undo some of the work done to regain that space). That shelf now has Levels U – V books. Now I’m rearranging the upper levels of books on the now emptier shelves downstairs from Levels W – Z. So that’s what I will be continuing to do on Thursday.

I liked listening to my supervisor teach while I was working on those shelves. The open classroom for the grade-level she was teaching is right next to my work area, in the middle of the Biographies section of the library. She was teaching the children about the Caldecott Medal and allowing them to view and judge the 2010 Medal Winner and the two books that were awarded Honors.

Listening to her makes me even more determined to be a School Library Teacher someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment