Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ada Lovelace Day: Celebrating Women in Technology: Dreamwidth Women

To be honest, I deeply admire the women who help build-up Dreamwidth! It’s a long list, but I find each of them fill their roles amazingly well and well, I think the Dreamwidth community loves them for it… and well Dreamwidth Rocks for an up-and-coming social networking site.

I find I prefer Dreamwidth overall for its community — there’s a wonderful team of people working there [men and women alike] and it’s very much a user-centered environment. But a good portion of the staff is female, and I love admiring them for all that they do!

Most especially I admire these ladies: Denise, Afuna, Aveleh, Kat, Dom, and ChemicalLace.

Note: not all staff has their full names on this list. Most people on this list have been addressed by alias and journal name.

Denise Paolucci (denise): the co-founder and very wonderful advocate of this community! She’s also the business manager/marketer.

Afuna(afuna) and Aveleh(aveleh): Styles support! also Afuna does invite system too. Both of these are very important for a social networking site. Because a site’s only as good as the its users and its pretty AND accessible design.:)

ChemicalLace (chemicallace), Dom(domtheknight), and Kat (zarhooie): The Support Triumvirate! Well, can’t have a good webteam without the support techs. And I love these guys to pieces they’re fun and geeky and all kinds of helpful in both contributions and instruction.

There’s a ton more people that I love over at Dreamwidth, but these leading ladies get a lot of props from me.😀 I might feature the rest of the team later on in a post over here.


If you’d like a code go hop over to: Dreamwidth Code Sharing

And since Dreamwidth’s anniversary is up and coming look out for The Three Weeks for Dreamwidth Project

No comments:

Post a Comment