Friday, December 19, 2014

NaBloPoMo Dec 2014 Day 7/100 Things We Have Or Want To Add To Our Self-Care Toolbox: 004. Reiki

Sunday, Dec 7th, 2014: Free Write: 100 Things - Self-Care Toolbox: Reiki

For the past 4 years we've been involved with reiki. Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a healing approach from Japan that promotes the relaxation response and brings the mind and body into its natural balance. Hand placements correspond to the body's energy centers or chakras which parallel the endocrine system.

For us, Reiki is a spiritual practice, a healing practice, and a life practice.

The Reiki precepts are an important part of our spiritual practice:

Just for today, I will be free of worry.
Just for today I will be free of anger.
Just for today I will live the attitude of gratitude.
Just for today I will do my work honestly.
Just for today I will treat all beings with kindness.

The healing practice of reiki has brought so much to me. I am more comfortable talking to people. I'm more grounded in the body (we weren't hurt as kids really, but we grew up with a story that implied our body was breakable because it was born 7 weeks premature). I'm more open to touch in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment