Monday, February 3, 2014

NaBloPoMo February 2014 Day 3: Cat Receiving Work

Monday, February 3, 2014
Write about an event that happened today. Now write about it from the perspective of someone else in the room -- your child, your partner, a person dining in the same restaurant... your choice.

So I am a cat volunteer at my local animal shelter and back in December I got trained to do the backroom -- I am one of the few long-standing volunteers who had never set foot back there so I asked the woman who trained me if she'd show me how it was done a few weeks ago. We also don't have a lot of cats right now at the shelter that can be taken care of (some are sick, some are being scratch/bite -quarantined, a lot got adopted and/or transferred to other shelters).

So today I went through with the tail end of doing it myself training in the backroom. I was mildly surprised by the first cat on my list. It said it was a "feisty" cat but it wasn't exactly the type of feisty I was expecting. It was more of the feisty in an "I shall love you to death  and get in your way" cat.

It was interesting though unfortunately I spilled all its toys into the trash bin.


Harriet the Cat POV
These two humans are standing in front of my cage looking at me. I hope one of them is gonna feed me. Ooh the smaller one is coming closer. She's warm and she's paying attention to me. Ooh. I like this! Pet me! yay! Hey don't do that I want more pets! Ooh food! Food or pets! I want both! Keep paying attention to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment