Wednesday, February 5, 2014

NaBloPoMo Day 5: Explain blogging to an alien without using the word blog in your explanation!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 You meet an alien and need to explain to it blogging. Explain what blogging is (and what blogging means to you) without ever using the word "blog."
"Greetings, I am very wary about your kind, but you seem like an approachable individual." 

"Hi, um, hold on a sec, let me finish blogging, then I can talk properly."  

There's a long pause as the woman finishes up typing on the strange flat device in her hands. "Okay, done... so hi. I'm Emma, what can I help you with?"

"What is that thing called blogging that you were doing?"

"It's a lot of things and it depends on who you ask too. For me, it's writing in some form most of the time. Sometimes to tell about how I feel on a topic, sometimes to just get information out to others, or to share information I've heard of. Sometimes it works like a captain's log, you have one of those on your ship, right?"

"Yes, we have captain's logs, but mostly those say what we have on board or where we have been." 

"This can be like that too but more public. More often than not people use it to expand on where they have been and what they have done. How they react to their lives. Sometimes even ask questions of each other. Or make things up, depending on what they write about regularly." 

"That's interesting." 

"It is! I love it because I can write about things and think about them and have a record to look back and see where things have changed in my life." 

No comments:

Post a Comment