Monday, November 7, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 7: Making Time for Family

Making family time is important to me. How do you balance your children, relationship, and work life? - Ricki Lake

Well I don't have kids yet nor do I work, so I can't really tell you much on this topic. And I still haven't really managed to balance out my relationships with my fiance, with my blood-family both immediate and extended, with my chosen-family of friends, and with people at my school community.

I think a lot of it though comes down to how much you're willing to interact and communicate, I know personally I care a lot about particular people in both areas of my family, but others I want little to do with. I do my best to balance out seeing all parts of my family (both blood and chosen), even when I'm reluctant to interact with them. I try to set aside time whenever I can, and I'm planning on trying to initiate some visit planning with a few cousins and aunts this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment