Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Second day of Internship

I'm enjoying working in a school library, even though it's only been my second day. It also amuses me when the sixth graders run by and wave a lot (I know most of them through my little sister). I love working with children, and my career goal is to one day be a youth services librarian.
What I did today:
  1. Continued updating the catalog, this time updating the call numbers with Fountas and Pinell levels for the multiple-copy books.
  2. Started working on book-preparation for both multiple-copy books and a few random books -- scanning in barcodes for spine labels and printing the labels out. Thursday's work will be the more menial side of book-preparation -- taping spines and adding spine labels.
  3. Was briefed on lockdown procedure - where to go and what to do.
  4. Filed CORI.

No comments:

Post a Comment